Email Anatomy – Part 3
Igor takes on the last part of a standard email and then segways into the subject line formats you can adopt for the best results. Plus… they all come with three examples or more. Steal this secret and you’ll get more clicks from your emails.
7 Costumes to dress your Email Body (Contd)
Scarcity: This is probably the shortest email you’ll write besides the blind man email. It is basically: “This is what I’ve got for you”, “This is what it’s going to do for you”, “This is how much time you’ve got left to get it”, and “this is where to go”.
Subject Line Formats
“How to” subject lines: How to [get benefit] or [get rid of a problem].
Examples of such subject lines are:
– How to sign people up to your MLM when no one takes you seriously.
– How to market online if you’ve got an embarrassing accent.
– How to make people expect or admire you.
Mom: How you’d describe the content of the email to your mother in 1-3 words. There’s nothing exciting or salesy about these subject lines. They are factual.
– Free Traffic Strategy
– List Building Tool
– Live webinar this week.
Personal: How does it make you feel or how would you say it to a really close friend?
– Dump this Loser!
– My Most embarrassing Failure
– Let’s Talk
Blind Man: You choose to trigger curiosity and reveal nothing about the content of the email.
– New Video
– Open up
Deadline: How much time is left for the offer to expire.
– 4 Hours remaining
– Last Chance
– Final Notice
Question: This is a psychological trick because the brain doesn’t ignore questions. The most effective questions are the ones that are easy to say “Yes” to.
– Want more traffic?
– What’s the best day of the week to email your list?
– Low email open rates?
Contrast: Helps to emphasize your selling point by showing the differences between 2 or more things.
– Make big money with a small list
– How I became a top producer without any personal selling
– Free traffic vs Paid traffic.
Movie/ Book/ TV show Titles and Quotes: Play on familiar phrases and titles to get attention.
– 50 shades of Igor
– Breaking Solo Ad
– Stranger Clicks
– Killing Igor.
Announcement: Since people love to be informed and hate being left out, you can adopt the announcement technique.
– New traffic source better than solo ads
– New diet for pregnant women
– New dating website for geeks
Numbered list: This is the most common clickbait on the internet as it feels like the value to the reader.
– 3 Solo ad scams
– 7 ways to earn money online
– 11 reasons I endorse Igor Kheifets’ Super Affiliate Academy.
Mind Reader: They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. Echo their thoughts and they’ll feel you understand them.
– Best offer to promote on ClickBank
– Dirty Liars
– Hate Selling and Convincing?
Celebrity: Leverage the appeal of the celebrity brands in or outside your niche.
Ryan Deiss’s recent announcement
Gary Vee is dead wrong, Tai Lopez Exposed
Russell Brunson’s Email Marketing Mentor.
Benefit: Briefly state what’s in it for them.
– Free ticket to my next Seminar
– Personal Mentoring at 96% off
– How to get Traffic
Offensive: Mock people, mindset and products that go against your brand’s narrative.
– You are dumb if you buy into this lie about Atkins diet
– Why your life sucks
– Exposing all Gary Vee fanboys.
Reason Why: Help your readers understand the reason behind your passion or mission, product or belief.
– Why 4-hour workweek is a lie
– Why I don’t do Facebook ads
– #1 thing that makes Clickfunnels a success.
Standoff: Run a head-to-head comparison or talk around a controversial argument between two sides.
– Email vs Social media
– Solo ads vs Facebook ads
– AWeber vs Getresponse vs Sendlane
– Amazon vs Shopify
Story: Describe what the story you’re telling in the email is about.
– How I emailed my way to a 450 horsepower S-class Mercedes
– Paulo twisted my arm
– What we learned from generating 4,131,656 optins
– My best friend, my wife, my bedroom.
Looking for the handout? Check out this link!