Fake Email News: 12 Lies You’ve Been Told About Email
Every industry has myths that have been passed down through the years and are now taken as facts. In this episode, Igor walks you through the most common myths in email marketing. He dispels those myths with undeniable facts so you don’t base your business on lies. Enjoy it.
12 Myths about email marketing you shouldn’t believe
There are lots of myths about emails that people hold on to tenaciously. Here are 12 of such myths and what you should know about them:
Email Myth 1 – Nobody checks emails anymore: this isn’t true because studies show that smartphone users check their emails more often than Facebook. Email is also the first check of the day for over half of the planet. Additional facts on email:
– Email subscribers’ engagement is 39,400% higher than social media followers.
– Email converts almost 9000% better than social media.
– Email customers buy 20.2 times more on average than social media customers.
Email Myth 2 – You should email free useful content to get your list to like you: the idea that your subscribers will like you if you give free value is wrong for the following reasons:
– More than 60% of customers would prefer to be contacted by brands via email.
– 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently.
Email Myth 3 – You should make an offer every 5 useful content emails: this is also not true because 1 out of 5 consumers say they read every email they receive just to see if something’s an offer.
Email Myth 4 – You shouldn’t email too often: there’s nothing like emailing too often because your subscribers just can’t get tired of your emails.
Email Myth 5 – Subscribers have a short attention span, so you should write shorter emails: we’ve proven times and over again that our long emails also get high open rates.
Email Myth 6: You should make your emails look professional with stylish templates: many people don’t care about aesthetics, the email subject is what draws them in.
Email Myth 7 – If they don’t buy after 7 days, they will never buy: it’s not true because even if they don’t buy and you advance the relationship, they’re more likely to buy later.
Email Myth 8: You need to be a great writer to come up with great marketing email: this is true to an extent but not entirely true.
Email Myth 9 – You need to wait for 3 emails before asking for the sale: you don’t need to wait that long to ask for the sale. Just make sure you do it right.
Email Myth 10 – If you’re getting unsubscribes, you should stop emailing your list: another lie you should dispel. Unsubscribes are good because it means that your emails are getting delivered.
Email Myth 11 – You should copy other people’s emails: you should not do this because it won’t work for you as much as it works for the real owners. You should add your own flavor to your emails.
Email Myth 12 – You should be making $1 per subscriber per month: that value depends on many factors, so expecting everyone to hit that benchmark is not fair.
Looking for the handout? Check out this link!
Dennis Live Zapier Work
- “I don’t know any 6 -7 figure earner that says they make all their money on social media.”
- “Social media is not necessarily a ‘sales’ media.”
- “People love to buy; you just have to know how to present your offers to them.”
- “You can pitch offers to your list always and get away with it.”
- “People who do not want solutions do not bother getting on your email list.”
- “You’re in the business of making sexy propositions to your customers.”
- “For every person you drive off your list, you’re indoctrinating a bunch of people to want to work with you.”