July 20th Coaching Call
To build a list and make sales consistently you must interact with people and be able to gain their trust. When people trust you it adds a whole new meaning to your interaction with them. The first layer of friction melts away and they become more inclined to listen to you and what you have to say.
Igor shares different strategies you can use to create trust, build deeper connections, and get more sales. You don’t have to implement it all at once. You can pick one or two and keep adding more strategies into the mix as your business grows.
Connect with your audience – Finding a point of connection with your target audience makes it easy to break the ice and get them to trust you.
Avoid communicating about elements that don’t influence trust with your customers – Referencing things that have no impact on building trust and talking about them will not help you get a sale. These are:
– Price comparison.
– Storage size.
– Shipping time.
– Delivery speed.
– Technical stuff.
Where trust comes from – There are different approaches you can adopt to create the level of trust needed in your business. Trust can come from:
– Authority – When you are an authority in a field people would naturally trust you more. People like Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Police Officers, Firemen, certification, etc all add a layer of trust to your personality.
– Affinity – When you share your background, experience, philosophy, origins, etc with people and it resonates with them then it becomes easier for them to trust you.
– Credibility – the experience people have with you during the first interaction goes a long way in building trust. To achieve this make it a habit to under-promise and over-deliver to leave a lasting impression
– Longevity – When you gain years of experience and spend time in a particular niche people will get to know you and this builds trust.
– Celebrity – Being known or being known for something makes it easy for people to trust your abilities as well as product or service.
– Familiarity – Your omnipresence has a strong effect on trust-building and this can influence the level of trust you get.
– Frequency – The more you are heard and seen, the easier it will be for your customers to trust you.
– Association – Things like endorsements, social proof, proximity to trustworthy people and brands also make it easier for your customers to trust you
– Place – When there is a physical or psychological belonging that links you with the customer, it also makes it easier to build trust
– Demonstration – Most people tend to work with the “seeing is believing” philosophy. This means that when they see an example or the process being used in action, it will make them trust you.
July 13th Coaching Call
- “A sale is an exchange of money for value and it will not happen without trust.”
- “Referencing technical stuff does not increase trust and will not impact your sales.”
- “Creating content that resonates with your customers makes it easier for them to trust you.”