July 6th Coaching Call
The welcome email is the gateway to your marketing strategy and interaction with your subscribers. To get it done right you need to decide on the end goal of the interaction with your subscribers and then work backward with a suitable strategy to achieve that goal.
Igor covers 4 major strategies that serve as the template you can build upon to develop the perfect welcome email. Each type of strategy can be used independently as your template but sometimes there might be an overlap and that’s okay too.
Ensure that you send the welcome email immediately and start developing a solid relationship with your list from day one.
Define your goal for your email – The aim of the email would determine the strategy to use when structuring the content for the email.
The preferred timing for sending a welcome email – It is best to send out your welcome email immediately after a subscriber joins your list. Thanks to the automated process provided by autoresponders, you can set it up to go out as soon as the new subscriber is added to your list.
The “Jerry Maguire” (Show Me The Money) strategy – With this strategy you go straight to the point and ask for the sale. You skip all the formalities and dive into selling. This is suitable for affiliate offers where you send them directly to the offer.
Jerry Maguire Email Rules
– Don’t waste time on introductions or being friendly.
– S.T.D (Sell The Damn thing)
– G.T.C Get The Click)
Jerry Maguire Email Template
– Double-O (Offer Outline)
– F.A.D (Fast Action Discount)
– F.A.B (Fast Action Bonuses)
– S&U (Scarcity & Urgency)
– CTA (Call To Action)
The “Apple Pie” strategy – With this strategy, you get to introduce yourself to establish a relationship first. This is great for newsletter subscriptions or giving out free stuff such as lead magnet and free webinars. It is ideal when you don’t have anything to sell right away.
Apple Pie Email Rules
– Pure value. No selling.
– EFFEN email – exciting future.
– No vision, no decision – Set expectations of what’s to come.
– Munch Crunch – Give them something to sink their teeth in now.
– Résumé – Highlights of what they missed/what they may find valuable.
Apple Pie Email Template
– Who am I?
– Who am I publishing this newsletter for?
– What’s going to happen in the next 7/30/365 days?
– Cool stuff that just came out
– Cool stuff that came out a while ago and our members loved it
– What’s coming up tomorrow/next issue?
The “Santa” strategy – You can use this strategy to deliver opt-in bribes or registration details for stuff like webinar sign-ups, lead magnet funnels, seminar sign-ups or membership sign-ups. This is best used for buyer purchase emails that tells them about how to get a purchase they just made.
Santa Email Rules
– Alzheimers – Don’t assume they remember what they asked for or why it’s valuable.
– Freemium – Sell it like it’s a paid product.
– Bait – Bribe is a bridge to purchase.
– Click-To-Get – Never give it in the email, make them go somewhere to get it.
Santa Email Template
– Resell bribe value.
– CTA to get a bribe.
– How else can I help you?
The “Morpheus” strategy – This strategy is used when you need to prime your subscribers for an offer that’s coming up down in the email pipeline. This is great for product launches meant to happen at a later date.
Morpheus Email Rules
– Aura – something’s coming up, it’s life-changing.
– Tease but no reveal.
Morpheus Email Template
– Here’s what is coming up.
– Here’s why it’s exciting for you.
– Here’s why this has never happened before.
– Here’s why it’s only happening for a limited time.
– Here’s how to make sure you don’t miss it.
June 22nd Coaching Call
- “The best time to send a welcome email is - immediately.”
- “Buyers want the best deal and offering the best deal seals the sale.”
- “Using a formula for executing your email writing speeds up and simplifies the writing process.”
TOOLBOX & RESOURCE DOWNLOADS
- Registration Link For The Writing Masterclass
- Toronto Email Intensive Tapes
- Get a 10,000 Subscriber List Using A Free Traffic Source
- New Solo Ad Arbitrage Program Revealed
- New Book Summary On Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Storytelling Influence Secrets Podcast Episode
- List Building Lifestyle Anthem